The slogan "everything is bigger in Texas" applies to the quality of life in Dallas/Fort Worth as well. Living large and thinking big well quantifies the very core of this vibrant and diverse city where you have everything at your fingertips. From award winning school districts and universities, a vast array of culinary choices, an impressive arts district, thousands of accommodations, a thriving night scene, a relatively stable economy, all the sports, entertainment and shopping options that you could ever imagine, it’s no wonder that the DFW area is such a popular place to live.
But with over 3000 rental communities available in the Metroplex, how do you find that perfect apartment? Searching through all of the options can be like looking for a needle in the proverbial haystack. Ultimately, you are likely to either waste a LOT of time sorting through all the properties that do NOT have what you are looking for, OR if you just pick the first property that comes along to save time, you are likely to miss out on much better deals that were just around the corner.
Whether you are relocating and implanting yourself in the DFW area for the first time, or you are a long-time resident of the illustrious city, just looking for a change, here are a few steps to keep in mind when looking for the best apartments in DFW:
1. First, try to narrow down the area in DFW where you would want to live. Some examples would be: Addison, Carrollton, Lewisville, Plano, Frisco, Far North Dallas, Downtown Dallas, Highland Village, Irving, Los Colinas, etc. For a summary of each of these areas, visit: "Where in DFW Should I Move To?". You might decide on an area based on where you work. For instance, a 5 mile radius, or you may quantify how close you wish to be to work based on drive time. For instance, 15 minutes or less away. Or perhaps it is more important for you to be located close to a particular relative, or within a particular school district. Narrow down the area as much as you possibly can.
2. Once you have narrowed down the general area where you would like to live, decide on what KIND of place you would like to rent. Some choices are: a loft, a 2 story townhome, a contemporary highrise or midrise, a historic building converted into rental units, a more private, quiet apartment, etc. Also decide on the size that you will need. How many bedrooms and bathrooms? Does it need to be over a certain amount of squarefeet?
3. Now you know WHERE? and WHAT? Next, determine HOW MUCH? What is your price limit that you want to stay under?
4. Finally, and this is the easy part, you will want to call the Best Apartment Locating Service in DFW so they can provide a FREE apartment search for you and enter your data (the Where, What and How Much) into their system to search for matches. Apartment Locators provide FREE apartment searches and will not only save you countless hours blindly driving around and visiting a bunch of properties that don’t have what you want, but they will also ensure that you are not overlooking any rental communities that WOULD have been a perfect match and WOULD have given you a better deal, if you had only known about them. On average, most clients end up saving $600 by using an Apartment Locator. Why? Because the Locator guides them to the best deals that they would have otherwised missed.
Apartment Locators are all required by law to be licensed Real Estate Agents with the appropriate training and expertise to assist you. Once you tell them your requirements, and they complete the free apartment search, they will email you back a custom list of properties that are worthy of your time to consider. The list will include pictures, floorplans, maps, prices and amenities of each community.
How does it work? how can they offer their services for free? Apartment Locating companies do charge for their valuable services. But rather than billing YOU, the customer, they send their Invoice to whichever apartment community you end up choosing in the end. These rental properties are more than happy to pay a small referral fee to the Locator out of their advertising budget. Infact, with 3000 other properties to compete against, many of these apartments have come to rely on Apartment Locators for helping to fill their vacancies. There are only 2 things that you must do in order to assure that the apartments will cover the bill for your Locator:
1. Be sure to verbally tell every apartment you visit that you are working with the services of an Apartment Locator.
2. Most Importantly – Be sure to write your Locator down on the Rental Application when you pick a property. You will write the name of the Company and the name of the Agent.
Will it affect the special or the deal that the apartment community offers you, just because you are using the services of a Locating Company? Absolutely not. In fact, Fair Housing Laws in the State of Texas prohibit any apartment community from singling you out for a different price. If they are offering everyone a special, they have to offer you the same special.
So, in answer to the question "Where Are the Best Apartments in DFW?", it depends on what area and price range and style of apartment you are referring to. The most qualified person to answer that question for you would be an Apartment Locator. For more details, visit www.BestApartmentsDFW.com , and Happy Hunting!