Before you read my free top tips, I thought it would be nice to tell you a little about me and Select Estate Agents Walthamstow.
I have been an estate agent for many years now and specialise in residential property sales and lettings. I have always worked within the East London area and started my career as an estate agent in Stratford, working for one of the largest independent estate agents in the UK.
Select Estate Agents is an independent firm of estate agents and letting agents with offices in Walthamstow, Stratford and Canary Wharf. I am personally based at the Walthamstow branch as the Office Manager. Select Estate Agents Walthamstow is renowned as a leading authority on residential property advice.
5 Tips for Choosing an Estate Agent:
1) Valuation: Be sure that you are given an accurate valuation.
Unfortunately many estate agents over-value as a way of winning new business. If in doubt invite a few estate agents to value your property and do some of your own market research (rightmove.co.uk is a good place to start). You may also want to ask the agents for some comparable evidence.
2) Avoid long minimum periods in the agreement: You should avoid signing a long term contract. Anything with a minimum period over 8 weeks is far too long. You should also ensure that the notice period is relatively short.
If the estate agent does very little to sell your property, you need to be able to cut all ties with them.
3) Fees: Higher fees do not always represent that you will get a better service. Speak to a few estate agents in your area to get an idea of what you should expect to pay.
4) Advertising: When looking for an estate agent, try doing it through the eyes of a buyer and not a seller. Use popular search engines like Google to search for key-phrases relevant to your area (e.g. estate agents Walthamstow) and take a look at major property portals like Rightmove and Zoopla.
The better an agent advertises, the more exposure your property will receive.
5) Professional Credentials: Ensure that any estate agency you choose to instruct is a member of a professional body such as The Property Ombudsman (TPO). These types of schemes are independent and will handle any serious complaints that you may have.
Most of the above is also relevant when choosing a letting agent.
Select Estate Agents are also established letting agents so look out for future blogs on property lettings where we will be posting some more free top tips.
Select Estate Agents