Property buyers are always exposed to lesser options than the availability. This is because of the unwillingness of estate agents to share the information about different properties at their disposal with each other. This may also give problem to the seller because the property gets exposed to less market, and it has fewer chances of getting the highest possible price. The seller is also vulnerable to losing track of the entire procedure, something that can have serious ramifications in the future. However, there is a simple yet efficient solution to this problem. And that resides in the formulation of an exclusive listing agreement between the realtor and the seller.
How does an exclusive listing agreement weed out the flaws of the current system? And how does such an agreement facilitate all the three parties involved.
- An exclusive listing agreement works both for the seller and the agent. The agent is assured of being financially rewarded if he sells the property for a higher price and that is more motivated to achieve the same while the seller is most welcome to any high bids that the agent brings in.
- By law, an exclusive listing agreement allows the agent to put up a yard sign in front of the property for sale. Historically, 60% of all buyers are attracted to properties after noticing yard signs. So when a yard sign goes up, the seller is assured of a higher market for his property which increases the chance of him getting a better deal.
- Carrying on from the first point, if an agent is assured of his financial future with the property, he will also invest more in advertising the property which will of course attract more potential customers, driving up the demand for the said property and along with it , The price.
- Through an exclusive listing agreement the property is provided with exposure to other agents resulting in the increase of the demand of the property and involvement of more buyers. A better selling price can be achieved by this procedure.
- The exclusive listing agreement keeps the property seller involved throughout all of the stages of the transaction. The agent shares all information with the buyer and ensures that it goes without any hindrance.
With an exclusive listing agreement the seller and the agent merge into one team and collaborate collectively towards one single goal; Exacting the maximum price of the property. For obvious reasons, such an arrangement is better than a seller working alone trying to sell his property while juggling the task with his other daily activities. Team work has always been considered more beneficial. Therefore, you are recommended to have an exclusive listing agreement with your real estate agent. This will surely make things easier for you.